Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

did this today,vs stato front and rear seats in my vk

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
put my vs statesman series 3 seats in my vk today fronts are easy with vl series 2 centre rails, but the rear took all day cutting foam and metal and retrimming the base its done 100% the backs have been done but have to be bolted in and the finishing touches done, the base i had to remove the frame from the stato seat and the vk frame and mould the vk frame and cut the foam to fit but came out fitting perfect heres some pics

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
thanks, Im going to do the finishing touches to them in the next couple of days then start on making the custom stato doortrims to match, i hope the doortrims will be alot easier than the seats they did my head in trying to figure out how to go about it and not stuff them.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
killer job man, those seats are comfy as, good luck with the door trims too, will be good to see when its finished mate :spot on:

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
cheers ,im loving the way they fit around me so comfortable, the doortrims wont be a 1 day job like the seats as ive got to make new masonite backing boards and disect the stato trims for the top half and pods etc and fibreglass them together then retrim them in the original stato material but ill post progress pics on them as i go.

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
The door trims are defiantly a task and a half, but do come out alright.

Here's mine before the fiberglass went on

IMG_4667.JPG

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
good to know its been done and can be done, so you used a masonite backing and grafted the rest on like how i pictured it being done, thanks for that staggie.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
[jonnoo];1808388 said:
looks mint man!
come do mine ;)

agreed with that, those seats look killer. youve done a fantastic job there