Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diesel smell good or bad in the latest and why

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Now with new cars and 4x4 tell us the ones that smell good or bad or seen blowing smoke or stink.
Some smell as clean as like the latest V8 diesel Landcruisers do, it's sort of like the LPG smell and I don't mind it's smell.
But other new diesels still stink and I have seen them puffing out smoke at times on the highway, something must be wrong ?
Many trucks don't blow a bit of smoke at all.

Is it the type of diesel fuel that is making the difference.
Is one type of fuel brand not as good as others, does one brand block up the cat converter faster than another.

I know with unleaded there is a difference between brands Caltex stinks like rotten eggs and my cars do not preform spot on with that fuel and I can pick it in an instant. I even picked it in a mates 375KW VF I said you are running Caltex in this and he said yep how did you know, I said that's how my V8 sounds on Caltex, it's a slight muttering sound, not clean running. I said this thing is gutless use BP or Shell you fool so it will run clean and really perform well.

That's not to say that Caltex diesel would be bad, it maybe the best but I don't know because I don't drive them much to of worked it out, so I am wondering if others have an opinion on such.
I am not against any company brand as I could not care less at all, but if they have good fuel I am all for it but if it's crap fuel I steer clear of using crap, just like bad oils grease etc, it's the product that's good that I am after. I bought some BP 2 stroke oil once and it was total crap, I used one tank full with it and gave away the rest of the oil.