Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diference in vy series 1 and series 2

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Difference I have noticed with series two are front driving lights in bumper lower vent area, rear lights are clear lenses with coloured brake lights and indicators beneath, plastic surround around rear rego plate (this is chromed on the VZ I think).

Er, no, front driving lights were not standard in Executive. I don't think the rear lights were any different. And I don't think VZ had chromed surround either.

jacksoncroucher

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ute
the exhaust on the series 2 was different mounting to the series one aswell i think, and my series one also has no traction control, abs, power windows

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Have a Series 1 VY Exec Wagon and Has Auto Head Lights, Power Windows, Cruise control, Traction Control, ABS

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
the exhaust on the series 2 was different mounting to the series one aswell i think, and my series one also has no traction control, abs, power windows

The V6 exhaust changed in early 2004 to have 2 cats right up near the exhaust manifolds. This happened after the series 2 was introduced to meet a new European exhaust emmission requirement. I have a series 2, build in late 2003 and it has 1 cat.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
I Have a Series 1 VY Exec Wagon and Has Auto Head Lights, Power Windows, Cruise control, Traction Control, ABS

ABS is standard on all VY's so are automatic headlights I think. Series 1's executives can have power windows, cruise and traction however it would have been ordered from the factory as options.

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
No the s Pac has no chrome strip at all both series 1 and 2. Series 2 S Pac main improvements were the upgraded dash and the 17" rims.

do you know what exactly was upgraded on the dash? i think mine is a series 2 but not sure..

str8vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I've got a 2003 series 1 Equipe, body colour coded mouldings etc.
My mate has a 2004 series 2 Commodore, and the only differences I can spot are the interior light is located at the front near the rear view mirror and has a sunglass holder, his has black strip body moulding things. His also has FE2 suspension I believe.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
do you know what exactly was upgraded on the dash? i think mine is a series 2 but not sure..

They had a higher level dash which has 3 LCD's instead of 1 for example there is an LCD in the fuel gauge that shows fuel consumption etc,

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
They had a higher level dash which has 3 LCD's instead of 1 for example there is an LCD in the fuel gauge that shows fuel consumption etc,

pretty sure it was only the higher level cars that had the 3 lcd cluster

the series 2 had the same cluster as the vz's