Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diference in vy series 1 and series 2

murpa105

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore ute
What is the diference between vy series 1 and series 2. i was told a series 2 cruize controll kit wont fit in a series 1. Any1 Know why

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
my series 1 vy wagon has no cruise control of traction control or electric windows :(:(

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i have a series 2,off the top of my head,series 2 got
:front power windows,
:cruise contrrol im guessing going by post above
:light in the roof with sunglass holder instead of the normal light in the centre,
:headlights had orange blinkers on the headlight itself,not orange globes with clear blinker on the headlight,
:different tail lights on the wagon,
:chrome strip on the bottom of the boot on the sedan
im not sure but i think the series 1 wagon missed out but the series 2 got metal strips in the boot where you put these tie down points into it and then you can actually strap stuff down

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
^^^ + Colour coded number plate surround on sedan.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
my series 1 has colour coded surround...

Series 1 executives had a black plastic surround, the higher models were painted. Series 1 to 2 there were also changes to the Berlina and Calais, Berlina series 2 got at least a new front bumper cover with driving lights, new rims, leather wraped steering wheel and satin chrome bits, not really sure about the Calais though. Also the rear number plate surround on series 2 Berlina I think was chromed. The S Pac differences included a higher level dash cluster and 17" rims. also the chrome strip on the bootlid didn't go onto s pac series 2. SV8 Series 2 also got a higher level dash cluster

pwarren3030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
I have a VY Berlina Wagon Series 1, 2002 model. 275K so far and never let me down. Still drives like new. Just fitted genuine Leather steering wheel I bought on Ebay for $85 absolute bargain. Followed instruction to fit wheel I found here. Thanks Just Commodores!. My car has cruise control , 4 power windows, climate, alloys, good ride, good handling, armchair comfy seats, ample power, great open road cruiser. What more can you want. No plans to upgrade for the near future. Difference I have noticed with series two are front driving lights in bumper lower vent area, rear lights are clear lenses with coloured brake lights and indicators beneath, plastic surround around rear rego plate (this is chromed on the VZ I think).

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
i dont really know too much really lol, but i know the series 2 had the chrome boot strip thing, The series 1 executive models did'nt have cruise standard and the series 2 do..

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
ahh so the series 1 s pack has chrome boot strip..?

No the s Pac has no chrome strip at all both series 1 and 2. Series 2 S Pac main improvements were the upgraded dash and the 17" rims.