Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff change

metalhead_07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Hey guys
I'm swapping the diff in my Ve Calais to an lsd. I'm up to removing the cv / driveshafts.. I have removed the big nut on the hub end of the but can't get the drive shaft to seperate from the hub... Is it possible to just remove the hub and driveshaft as one...
Thanks
Woody

Action140

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Do you mean there's not enough room to get them out or do you mean the shaft is seized in the hub? You have to separate the hub from the upper control arms to give you enough room. That way you can pull the hub outwards and it will allow the driveshafts to come out of the diff.

Edit: You might not even have to take the shaft out of the hub. It should come out of the diff if you have the upper controls arms disconnected..

metalhead_07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
I worked it out... I had all the control arm bolts out but couldn't remove the shaft from the hub... I had a look in my manual and it said that there was a curclip in the diff end but I couldn't see what it was talking about... I jumped into it today and removed the exhaust so I had enough room to drop the diff and then i levered the shafts out like the manual said and out they popped... It was fairly straight forward once I knew how they came out