Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Flange

Rossco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 308
Hi, I just changed over the diff in the VK Calais from a 10 bolt salisbury to a V8 Borgy. The Borgy has the flat pinion flange to tailshaft and the 10 bolt had the yoke. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit the 10 bolt yoke to the borgy diff so that I can use the original tailshaft that had not long ago been rebuilt. The borgy tailshaft I have is a bit ordinary. cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i don't think they are interchangable. normall practise is to use the rear half of the driveshaft that came with the BW diff mated tothe front half of the driveshaft already in the car.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
i don't think they are interchangable. normall practise is to use the rear half of the driveshaft that came with the BW diff mated tothe front half of the driveshaft already in the car.

...correcto
BW pinion is different from the Salisbury
and the yoke cant be swapped

Rossco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 308
Thanks for the info. I'll rebuild the new one and get it balanced but i need to source a flat flange for the pinion as it has been damaged by a previous owner and has been re-drilled. It now has 6 holes and is most likely illegal, even in the NT!

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Thanks for the info. I'll rebuild the new one and get it balanced but i need to source a flat flange for the pinion as it has been damaged by a previous owner and has been re-drilled. It now has 6 holes and is most likely illegal, even in the NT!

The borg warner diff pinion flanges had 6 holes, and the tailshafts had 4.....all of mine have been like that.

Rossco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 308
Thanks for that info Danny8. One of the holes is torn out and another is a tad oversize. I figure it has had a few loose nuts at some stage. It bolts up okay but I just wonder if the damage is enought to put it out of whack! Any V8 diff part is like hens teeth up here but I'll eventually find a replacement flange somewhere. cheers

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Maybe get the holes welded and re-drilled? But yeah might just be easier getting the new flange lol.