Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff gear help

Dan the Holden man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina s2
No. The 0578 has a larger pinion and sits further back in the housing. TBH, I don't think going from 3.08 to 3.23 would be worth the effort regardless. For a burnout car you want wheel speed, really you want 4.11 gears or similar.
Correct, If you have the power to drive 3.08 gears to top gear. If not shorter diff gears will allow you to get into a higher gear and get more wheel speed.

The OP mentioned 0575 gear set which leads me to believe it's a V6 and hence not quiet the power to get top gear and hold it in a skid.
So I can't modify the pinon at all to fit what pinion would fit I just need more wheel spin as we get 1min and 50 secs a round and want to get the tyres down not just smooth bold like now

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So I can't modify the pinon at all to fit what pinion would fit I just need more wheel spin as we get 1min and 50 secs a round and want to get the tyres down not just smooth bold like now

You need a matched set for your diff.
Machining of hypoid gears is very complex and is probably on par with doing a 5 axis cut on a CNC there is not one chance yoi could modify the gears.

Dan the Holden man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina s2
You need a matched set for your diff.
Machining of hypoid gears is very complex and is probably on par with doing a 5 axis cut on a CNC there is not one chance yoi could modify the gears.
Okay cheers I'll have to go find another pinion and gear ring to suit what would be good ratio to go for

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You want another 0575 gear set. I'd be looking for 3.9 or 4.11 or 3.73 if you can't find the others.