Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Gears For VN V6

Which Diff Gears?

Votes: 5 38.5%

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Whats everyones opinions on the best suited diff gears for the VN V6?

Im tossing up between 3.73 and 3.89?

Next year im going for a stage 2 Raptor SC so I wanna keep that in mind... But not sure what 3.89 gears would do to my top end?

Fuel economy is irrelevant. I know 3.89's will give me more off line, but what about mid to top end power? Im talking 120+?

Im pretty sure it will restrict the VN to a top speed of around 180 or 190km/h... Im aiming to run 12's down the 1/4 by the end of next year... will 3.89's or 3.73's be best for this?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i imagine your still goin to be using vn2nv for daily driving? if so i would think about 3.45's in the interest of being street friendly, just my opinion.
3.45's and a stallie will give you plenty of launch for those 1/4 miles and also be suitable to everyday driving use.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
1991_Vn2nV said:
Whats everyones opinions on the best suited diff gears for the VN V6?

Im tossing up between 3.73 and 3.89?

Next year im going for a stage 2 Raptor SC so I wanna keep that in mind... But not sure what 3.89 gears would do to my top end?

Fuel economy is irrelevant. I know 3.89's will give me more off line, but what about mid to top end power? Im talking 120+?

Im pretty sure it will restrict the VN to a top speed of around 180 or 190km/h... Im aiming to run 12's down the 1/4 by the end of next year... will 3.89's or 3.73's be best for this?
My nephew runs a 3.9 in his mums VL Calais 6. And it does easy burnouts but to everyones surprise it isn't that bad on the freeways, We all expected it to scream it's balls off but it doesn't.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
what kinda LSD man? not a cone-in-seat type i hope....go a kaaz mechanical LSD!! i want one of them bad, but i just dont have $2k to get one fitted up, lol.
they're the sh*t though, very similar to what is used in v8 supercars, touring rally cars and pro drift beasts.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
LSD, At first because it shook around corners we thought spool and we got very Pissed off. But it was checked and all was good at first it was very tight and did do the spool jig around corners, But it was all fine in time and stopped.

churnit

Cheap parts!
Reaction score
Im running 3.7's in my SS and you dont really notice any difference with normal driving, it just makes better use of the overdrive. Obviously more boot of the line. Topend dunno I dont go that fast. There not much difference between 3.73 and 3.89 anyway so if your gona drag it get 3.89 or 4.11