Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Diff gears/stally with cam

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
Miltons have a good reputation, I'd go there.....well my donk IS there lol. 48-50 Main North Road, Prospect.

You're a week too late! I just sold a set of 30thou ACL flat tops on ebay for $300.

haha! always the way isnt it!!

Green_Beast

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS
Diff gears/stally with cam rules...My brother used to have BA XR8 with 4.11, 3000 Dominator Hi-Stall converter and stage 2 crow cams...It was a beast but the fuel economy wasn’t the greatest. He used to get somewhere between 270-300km out of full tank…

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
[/B]

Please explain, how will the compression drop by shaving the heads?

it still increases comp but I think he means when you shave any set of heads the chamber bowl area becomes a different shape so it needs to be reworked to get the most out of it

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
[/B]

Please explain, how will the compression drop by shaving the heads?
shaved heads with stock pistons and rings! as u know shaving heads increases compression right! increasing compression increases heat and strain upon combustion on a stock ring and piston especially when it reaches TDC. So a stock piston/ring depending on its age that isnt designed for the higher ratio - over a period of time your definately garaunteed to lose compression through the weakining of the old rings depending the age and newly designed ratio! (heat of compression) and (piston fit)......mechanical engineering.....why do u think they lower compression ratios when forced induction is used....to eliminate excessive heat and impact at TDC...just to name a few

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
shaved heads with stock pistons and rings! as u know shaving heads increases compression right! increasing compression increases heat and strain upon combustion on a stock ring and piston especially when it reaches TDC. So a stock piston/ring depending on its age that isnt designed for the higher ratio - over a period of time your definately garaunteed to lose compression through the weakining of the old rings depending the age and newly designed ratio! (heat of compression) and (piston fit)......mechanical engineering.....why do u think they lower compression ratios when forced induction is used....to eliminate excessive heat and impact at TDC...just to name a few

i have never heard such utter crap in all my life.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
This thread reminds me of the hot rodder's mantra:

Cheap/Reliable/Power - Pick 2.

Do yourself a favor - think thru what you want the car to do and then go visit a good engine builder who can put together a combo that will do the job as a system. Just throwing random bits together will most likely end up with an ill manored pig that will be slower than a VP V6 (granted they are faster than most things on the road - just ask anybody who owns one!)

Reaper

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
This thread reminds me of the hot rodder's mantra:

Cheap/Reliable/Power - Pick 2.

Do yourself a favor - think thru what you want the car to do and then go visit a good engine builder who can put together a combo that will do the job as a system. Just throwing random bits together will most likely end up with an ill manored pig that will be slower than a VP V6 (granted they are faster than most things on the road - just ask anybody who owns one!)

Reaper

No way Reap, VN V6's are faster, everybody knows that....:p

But seriously, 100% agree with that post.