Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff gears/yolk?

hagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais v8
hey guys have vn wit lsd was wondering if anyone could tell me if 4 11 diff centre would fit straight in to diff or do i need a different yolk centre thats in is just standard 3,08

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
when you buy the diff gears, you should get the crown gear and the pinion. they will be 4.11's (as you want) and both of them need to be changed. you can't leave the 3.08 pinion and the 4.11 crown of vise versa.

fitting diff should be left with professionals as the correct backlash needs to be set in the diff gears so it doesn't chew the gears and render them useless which could lead you to needing a new diff and gears.

George

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Also 4.11s are found in pintara's so soures out a pintara and get the 4.11s out of them, or or R31 Skylines have 3.9s

hagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais v8
ta i have the 2 centres one 411 out of car other 3.08 in car was just gonna swap the 3.08 to 4 11 so cant be done like that? wat need if already have whole centre and any ideas how much

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
i paid $190 to have my gears swapped over, they swap the crownwheel and pinions over, your standard yolk is fine as the splines are still the same on the pinons.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Not a bad price :) And yeah, the whole thing should just pop in OP.