Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff gears

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
im getting me a vn for a play car and I want to lower the diff gears. I was going to replace the 3.08 center with the 3.45 from a vl. I hear that the vl diff goes into a vn. Is this true? itll save me a lot of hassels changing centres, so I imagine that it wont be that easy. other than that does anyone have a vn diff thats 3.45 or lower, either lsd or minispooled?

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Get a 3.9 diff ratio, if your going to do it.. Do it properly atleast.. and a nice LSD wouldnt go astray ;)

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
The vn isnt going to see rego, just a drag strip :driving: I had thought of using the 4.11 gears from a pintara along with a minispool. Are the pintara borgwarner gears interchangeable with the dunydore gears?

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
vn uses a borg warner 28 spline, you can even use eb-ed ford centres (3.23:1 or 3.45:1 LSD depending on which one) but if it's only for strip use get som 4.11's and a mini spool, or even a full spool

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
So what type of gears are out there for these models?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The VL diff will fit in the VN, but the VL diff is shorter, by like 21mm each side I think... But the VL diff is weaker, 2 pinion 25 spline to the VN's 4 pinion 28 spline diff. The VN has the same diff as the VL V8 and VL Turbo although the VL Turbo had the 3.45 ratio still.