Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff help

fatjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega (VT)
Hello all,

I have a problem!

In europe the commodore platform is sold as the Omega, mine is a 2000 model year. It's very similar but lower powered. My problem is that mine has a V8 twin turbo engine pushing 800BHP. As a result it eats the smaller diffs we can get here. Does anyone have any pictures of the Holden LSDs fitted on the higher powered VT cars. I'm prettty sure it will bolt into the cradle on the Omega but want to be sure before ordering one from the other side of the world, it could be an expensive mistake.

the pics show the Omega rear frame and small diff. We can get a very rare limited slip version over hear but its the same external shape and far too weak for my purposes. I believe the Holden unit bolts in with 4 bolts from the frame to the top of the diff casting. My frame seams to have metal in the right places to drill it ready for a holden diff.

Help appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 416
  • omega diff pic1.jpg
    omega diff pic1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 455

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
That looks nothing like a Commodore diff. I've attached a couple of images that might help you.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 978
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,557