Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff locker

sexcvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
just got a free diff locker off a mate, so just wondering how dangerous they are? an i guess there illeagle. but wat are some pros an cons? besides nice burn outs :)

R

Reggie

locked diff hey! well , avoid tight cornering such as small round-a-bouts ond car parks, as the inner wheel trys to turn at the same speed as the outer wheel , it will skip and shuuder the diff. this may cause an axle to sheer off at the diif center. But other then that they can get anoying when you just want to drive normal, which Sometimes can happen. best part is good burnouts , a real crowd pleaser. goodluck.

sexcvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
hm no way ima put locker in now

thnx for info

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
just search for spool and you will find a million arguments about the pros and cons

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
great for the racetrack, no good for the road. get and LSD if you intend to drive around town. the holden LSD is ok but won't stand up to a lot of thrashing. but i've heard the new KAAZ lsd's are good, they apparently behave much like a detroit locker in many ways, the slip when your off the power but lock up real quick when you nail it. depending on how you arrange the clutch packs you can set it up for either race or road use etc. unfortunatly i haven't found a good supplier here (NZ) who has the KAAZ centers cause i wanna fit one to my might VN v6 manual:yeah:

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
If your after a kaaz diff, PM enhancedss, he may be able to sort that out for you.

And yes, KAAZ centres are great if you plan on burnouts, doughnuts and the like, but only if your going to get the full use of them, otherwise a good holden LSD will do fine. If you manage to blow that, then go the kaaz

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
On the subject of LSD's and Diff lockers...When you spin the wheel axel on a LSD does the oposite wheel axel spin the same direction as the side you are turning or does it still spin opposite dirrection. I was told my new diff is a LSD, but upon spinning the wheel axels it does what I just stated and spins opposite. At first I thought it wasnt LSD but then I realized if they both span the same direction then the diff would be locked woudn't it?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
On an lsd the wheel should spin in the same direction as the one you are turning. If it doesnt then either you have been ripped off or the clutches are stuffed.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Oh mannnn, apparently its a 6 month old $900 diff and its a LSD...maybe the ppl i bought it form don't know ****. Oh well I bought the whole car for $250 and it has a new tailshaft and cat, so im still happy.