Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Oil?

M

mudslngr

Hey all,just bought this commi a few month back, just serviced and only near immediate problem is bush replacement and diff oil, what you all use? I been on this site since i got the car and hell enjoy all the posts etc but couldnt find a diff oil one.

I also use magnatec oil and my service used this also, semi blah, is it good, change? I aint aussie [yet] so i dunno the good the bad etc.

Any replies[reply's?] would be well received :D

The diff oil change seems straight forward enough, but i want more opinions etc, was also told i dont need to flush it with oil? emptyh fill done

anyway
cheers

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Why change the diff oil? - it is not a regular service item and should last the life of the car unless it is really mistreated. You've bought a Holden so that makes you at least half Aussie.
Regards

M

mudslngr

cheers for the reply, i was told at the service, is on ma print out...well looks like its the bushies

cheers again

R

rimz81

use castrol EPX 90 diff oil what bushes are you talkin about?
:D

V

VZWatned

I know the feeling.. My diff oil needs doing as well...

Is it a hard process?? Where on the diff do you fill from?

Sorry if I'm hijacking thread!

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
theres a black rubber grommet on the diff housing...

stick it in there..

and diff oil does NOT last the life of an entire car....
its good for a well over a hundred thousand kays for sure.. you probably wont have a problem all the way through to 250,000kms. but like any oil, it gets used and abused, it gets dirty and gets cruddy.

why not prolong the life of your diff if you can? seems stupid not to.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
I use Castrol SAF-XA For my LSD in my commo, it's expensive but nothing beats it for quality. The oil is worth around $25 a litre and is full synthetic with the full ratio of Sturaco additive included. That's my $0.02