Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff? Or What

M

Modesty_VK

Last night there was a bang noise on my car...... and now it's making a weird noise......but like when i accelerate or slow down it doesn't do it but when sitting on a speed like cruising at 60 there is a high pitch noise......could this be the diff anf something on it stuffing up????
HELP!!!!!! i have no luck with cars hey i'm over them atm....

P

psykore

****, that doesnt sound good.
whered the bang noise come from?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ah, i had a noise similar to that come out of my vl, (r.i.p old girl) it went bang, almost deafend me, i heard this realy high pitched squeel comeing from it at about the 40,50km mark, would settle down at 60, but 80,90, upwards was a high pitched squeel, i freaked, well, it turned out it wasnt the diff at all, it was the auto playing up big time, lost part of the cooling system, half of the box was running dry, not saying that's what's wrong with your's, but hey, you never know,

cheers
garth

M

Modesty_VK

OK i took it to the shop.....apprently the diff was leaking or something? but good thing i took it to the shop cos something else was spraying fuel into the engine NOT good oh and i'm getting a new power steering thingo cos that was leaking as well (good car hey, well to think i brought it from the sound system in my old car RIP i'm happy).....i'm sure there is some fancy mechanical names for them but all i know is i don't have a car till 2morrow cos its taking longer to fix than the guy said...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm TYPICAL

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ah, i realy wouldnt worry, hey the bloody mechanics have had mine since last friday, so far we are up to day 3 for a auto box rebuilt in a vns2, im running around in the old man's toyota land cruiser, it blowes that much smoke it's embarasing

cheers
garth

p.s. im glad it wasnt a diff, i havnt actualy replaced one of them but i do beleive it's more of a pain than anything.