Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff ratio change. speedo correct! yer i know pls read

Discussion in 'Mace Engineering' started by Cuzzy69, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Cuzzy69

Cuzzy69 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vs wagon exe v6
    tryed jatcar sht no luck... i have heard that u can mod the ecu to suit the different diff ratio ?
    any one know ware or who.... happy to take car anyware in melbourne vic. my home software brings up the ratio as 3.08 but i have 3.89. need someone to change the table in the ecu or where ever? that should be the best fix all round i hope. done lots of searching on site but no contacts provided.. pls help

2. immortality

immortality Moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    It's not that simple unfortunately. You can change the setting in the tune but you will have to change all the transmission tables to suit but that still doesn't solve your problem because (as I understand it) the speed signal from the transmission passes straight through the PCM and isn't modified by the tune so your speedo will still read incorrectly.

The only real option is to fit a speedo corrector box.

VS_Pete likes this.
  3. Cuzzy69

Cuzzy69 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vs wagon exe v6
    yes that what i understand so i need a gearbox tune in the pcm ecu to suit...if i change the speedo sensor before the ecu. happy to dyno and tune if someone can do it. MACE adjust shift point when u buy the larger thottle body so they must be close to working it out..there are so many ppl out there with this problem, someone should be able to sort it by now? dont mind spending the money if it works.