Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff ratio change. speedo correct! yer i know pls read

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
tryed jatcar sht no luck... i have heard that u can mod the ecu to suit the different diff ratio ?
any one know ware or who.... happy to take car anyware in melbourne vic. my home software brings up the ratio as 3.08 but i have 3.89. need someone to change the table in the ecu or where ever? that should be the best fix all round i hope. done lots of searching on site but no contacts provided.. pls help

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's not that simple unfortunately. You can change the setting in the tune but you will have to change all the transmission tables to suit but that still doesn't solve your problem because (as I understand it) the speed signal from the transmission passes straight through the PCM and isn't modified by the tune so your speedo will still read incorrectly.

The only real option is to fit a speedo corrector box.

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
yes that what i understand so i need a gearbox tune in the pcm ecu to suit...if i change the speedo sensor before the ecu. happy to dyno and tune if someone can do it. MACE adjust shift point when u buy the larger thottle body so they must be close to working it out..there are so many ppl out there with this problem, someone should be able to sort it by now? dont mind spending the money if it works.

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
hi Jason ive got the ecotec v6 and auto. 96 v6 wagon. thanks

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
yet again on my 3rd speedo box not working.... every setting and auto electrician has fitted with me...... fk not working help

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
newe ideal! just move the needle back 10 degress or so ? sould work nice???? and free will do tomorrow.. let u tommorrow

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The new jaycar speedo corrector doesn't seem to work properly unfortunately, there are others on the market but I can't remember the names atm. Moving the needle doesn't work as the as the difference is a %age and not a fixed amount.

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
thanks heaps jason.. just adjusted the speedo ill see what happens?????? let you know..about right is all i want. lol. had to install a small screw so the needle doesnt go into the lower plastic and get stuck 2 mins ....easy still look factory....may or may not work but im guna try as its easy for me... merry Christmas to all..

ps wont know until tomorrow night as i need to fix the rear hand brake return spring and take off blocks lol then gps the car.... also checking out the new mace spacers installed.. top bottom v6 awsum 25 and 12 i think

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
getting it close at above 60 kph.. enough to trust im not speeding ,,but not to much that i dont believe the high overeating speedo. still need it fixed properly so any help needed. im happy to spend the cash on the right product or tune.