Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff ratio change. speedo correct! yer i know pls read

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Interesting, I can't in my head see how moving the needing can make it accurate? I have 3.45s and mine reads out by 10%. If I was to move the needle 10% it might be accurate at one speed but it's still going to be out at another speed. See mine is out by 10kph at 100kph, however if I was to drive at 70kph on the speedo I am still speeding in a 60kph zone by 4kph. Therefore I am surprised that altering a needle position can make it accurate at anymore than one speed.
yep it only works for the one speed and dosnt change the odometer so it will be spinning faster then actual clocking up more km then it needs to, if ur doing it that way best to set pointer to read spot on at 40kph and the rest above are going to be little faster so u at least wont get done in school zones and have few km to spare at 100kph

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
below 60 is up the creek.....lol 60 is close but 80 is very close and 100 spot on. every ware else its out. close enough not to get a ticket. it just works. i will buy a marks 4wd adapter in the future. the faster u go the more its out? not sure but im happy. thanks for the query

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I probably need a corrector at some point. But in a 40 zone I sit on 45, 60 I sit on 65, 70, I sit between 70 & 80 and in 100 zone I sit on 110. I've got so used of it that I may never spend the coin on a corrector. Unless a miracle occurs, and I find I get a good six month run with nothing going wrong on the ute in that period..,

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
Interesting, I can't in my head see how moving the needing can make it accurate? I have 3.45s and mine reads out by 10%. If I was to move the needle 10% it might be accurate at one speed but it's still going to be out at another speed. See mine is out by 10kph at 100kph, however if I was to drive at 70kph on the speedo I am still speeding in a 60kph zone by 4kph. Therefore I am surprised that altering a needle position can make it accurate at anymore than one speed.
if only out 10% just guess. im out 26.3 percent with 3.89 so i had to do the adjustment. cheers

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
I probably need a corrector at some point. But in a 40 zone I sit on 45, 60 I sit on 65, 70, I sit between 70 & 80 and in 100 zone I sit on 110. I've got so used of it that I may never spend the coin on a corrector. Unless a miracle occurs, and I find I get a good six month run with nothing going wrong on the ute in that period..,
great upgrade with the diff but as u know cars equal money lol. at least u know what speed your doing via deduction.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vn-s need corrector kit...some dudes reckon can be fixed for few dollars with diode or potentiometer if know correct maths.

vt onwards can be adjusted by a tuner.

I wouldn't be touching the needle at all.

If skint download freebie gps speedo app

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
vn-s need corrector kit...some dudes reckon can be fixed for few dollars with diode or potentiometer if know correct math
the police cluster had a trimpot on the c/b so it could be adjusted so u can replicate that with some components, but still that only corrects the pointer, if the speedo is 30% out and u correct pointer the odometer will still be doing 30 extra km every 100 actual driven