Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Ratios!

G

Gigs

Have a VC Commodore that we race, but find we can't get enough diff ratio options. Currently running a 3.55 but would like to get up to maybe around the 3.9s or maybe 4.1s but I doubt it. Have been told that the VL has a Borgy diff that has a wider selection of ratios? Is this true, what are they, and do they very from 6's to V8s?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore sl
3.9 diff

the only commodore to come out with a 3.9 ratio diff option would be the 4 cylinder commodores vb,vc maybe vh i think, i dont know how strong they are but they mite be the equivalent to a 6 cyl diff.

-Cam

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
mate
not sure what diff you have
but large Salisburys have heaps of ratios,
if you include Holden and Torana ones
from memory
2.6, 2.78, 3.08, 3.36, 3.55, 3.90
4.1 and 4.44
the 4.1 and 4.44 were fitted to V8 onetonners

hth

R

rattattack1313

wet ute..

yea..it can be a bitch in a 1 tonner with nothing on it..i had 1 a few years ago........1st corner............dropped he rback to 2nd and dumped it in a drain... :whistling ..looool........so i put a pile of red hardwood 4x4's under the tray.... made a huge diffference... :yeah:

M

mark308

Gigs said:
Have a VC Commodore that we race, but find we can't get enough diff ratio options. Currently running a 3.55 but would like to get up to maybe around the 3.9s or maybe 4.1s but I doubt it. Have been told that the VL has a Borgy diff that has a wider selection of ratios? Is this true, what are they, and do they very from 6's to V8s?
hello my name is mark vl will fit and they run ford diff center...that is wot the different is ford..........iv got 1 under my vb they last longer and they have stronger axle..........ithe vl diff will fit strate under the only thing u will have 2 change ic on the back of the tail shurft it nead a flat plat that all.........hope this help

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
Smitty said:
mate
not sure what diff you have
but large Salisburys have heaps of ratios,
if you include Holden and Torana ones
from memory
2.6, 2.78, 3.08, 3.36, 3.55, 3.90
4.1 and 4.44
the 4.1 and 4.44 were fitted to V8 onetonners

hth

i know 3.9s were an A9X torana ratio thats im possible to find. whats this 4.1 ratio buisness? i know of the 4.44's but have never heard of 4.1s for the 10 bolt before and not listed in any factory parts books i got at work

what gives?

Borgy74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
I have one available Out of a four cylinder Vc ratios 390 not sure how much there worth

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have one available Out of a four cylinder Vc ratios 390 not sure how much there worth
This is not the for sale section man, it's a 15 year old thread that has gone cold.....