Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Rebuild Questions

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
then demand you get a new diff! if they cant fix it the first time they cant fix it at all!
if its not the diff then get them to find the problem because if it didnt go into the workshop with the problem and it came out with one its their responsibilty.... your only responsibilty is to report on its performance and tell them if your happy with it or not.

Umai Naa!!

R.I.P APY-88V :(
Reaction score
Website
www.aus12.org
Members Ride
VR S1 Exec. A4 3.8L
If it's under Warranty, Holden can't NOT do anything about it.

My bet is the diff is fine, and the noise is elsewhere. Give them as long as it takes to give the car a good going-over to find it.

The last thing the dealer needs is an uncooperative customer.

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
I no someone that had a simular problem like this, but it was the tail shaft, the guys that had his car had dropped the tail shaft down on the ground quite hard, and this put it out of balance. Best to go to a drive train place, get them to check it all out. Tell them wats happened with holden!! :)

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Whoop, whoop, whoop is tyre noise, we had he same noise after hitting two very nasty potholes. The tyre thread started to bubble and started to lift and urgently needed replacing.

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Whoop, whoop, whoop is tyre noise, we had he same noise after hitting to very nasty potholes. The tyre was farked and needed replacing.

Last edited by a moderator: