Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Diff rebuilding places

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
How much did they quote u man?

$2300 or something.

Picked up a re-conditioned diff, genuine gears, better bearings, LSD, 3.7's with Warranty for no extra charge as he garenteed it wont break. $950.

Good bloke too.

Got my answers anyway, thanks guys.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
$2300 or something.

Picked up a re-conditioned diff, genuine gears, better bearings, LSD, 3.7's with Warranty for no extra charge as he garenteed it wont break. $950.

Good bloke too.

Got my answers anyway, thanks guys.

Yea Preston automotive and differentials quoted me a ridicules $2250 for 3.7s without a speedo calibration aswell. I was like WHAT.

Compared to Total traction they quoted me $1300 for a complete LSD rebuild including new bearings and installation.

let us know how u go with fitting yours in man.

Cheers
Dave.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yea Preston automotive and differentials quoted me a ridicules $2250 for 3.7s without a speedo calibration aswell. I was like WHAT.

Compared to Total traction they quoted me $1300 for a complete LSD rebuild including new bearings and installation.

let us know how u go with fitting yours in man.

Cheers
Dave.

Info in my thread but I think you've already seen it. Since I haven't fitted one before it was annoying, but took me like 4 hours to get it out, and 1 to put it back in since I knew what I was doing then. I took everything very carefully and slow (just incase the diff would drop so i was cautious with every bolt lol). Not to mention the CV and diff bolts are tight as fk, and the diff bolts are hard to get too. But got there in the end.

If you want instructions, you do it in this order:

Undo ABS Sensors + Breather on the top
Undo the 4 rear bolts (diff will drop a little)
Jack it back up, and undo the CV joints (or do it the other way around)
Drop the jack down (makes the diff hang lower)
Undo the Front 2 bolts on the diff near the tail shaft
Undo the tail shaft
Then finally undo the top 2 bolts holding on the diff. - Make sure you got the jack under it and balance it as you lower the jack - Having 2 people under the car helps.

When putting it all together i used Loctite threadlocker so they wouldn't come back undone.