Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff/Tailshaft

kellyboi92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Hey

I am looking at putting a VT LSD diff into my VY Calais. Do you guys know whether you can just swap the part that the tailshaft bolts to (I think it is called the yoke) as they are different?

evilholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berli a ser 2
you can just put a vt tail shaft in

kellyboi92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Thanks for that. I have been told that the center bearing coupling is different and plus i don't have a VT Tail shaft does anyone know if i can just swap that part as i first asked?

evilholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berli a ser 2
I would not think so because of the different lengths of the tail shaft due to the vy having a rubber dampener on it but I have not heard of the centre bearings any different.
I have seen vt diffs and tail shafts in vy at work (maybe they were to cheap to put a replacement diff in) so I think you should have no problem.
By the way it is just a 6cyl you have in your car?

kellyboi92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Thanks Monkeys437..

evilholden: I dont have a VT Tail shaft but i have a VY one and an old VY Diff that i can get the Yoke off so i am going to try that! I am running a L67 on 10PSI with a few other little mods.

Cheers for the help lads.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
You can go one way with the flange swap and you have to cut the pinion shaft a bit but I think that's from vy back to vt and I don't think the pinion shaft is long enough to fit the vy flange swap correctly hope I've got this the rite way around.

cheyneomac

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore
hey does anyone know if the v6 vy diffs are the same as the v6 vt diffs
i need to know if the vy's have a 28 spline diff or not so i can put a mini spool in