Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diff

J

JEZ088

hey fellas just wondering if i could get some advice on the best place to pick up an lsd for my vr and what price id be looking at.. its non-irs.. cheers..

J

JEZ088

yeh i was thinking wreckers but then u gota worruy about the quality of the diff i spose but you can always giv it a thorough check.. i got no idea of the pricing that it would be.. anyones help would be most appreciated..

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
alot of ppl say that u can buy them from a wreckers then get them re-built to your liking, aka 3.9 gears all machined and ready to go, or anythin u want :) But a bit pricey for the rebuild i think, about $600 i think? :s dont quote me :p

J

JEZ088

yeh ive heard that too.. id love to find one at the wreckers that doesnt need a rebuild but id say my chances are slim to nil haha..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the standard holden springs in the LSD are pretty weak and is the reason these diffs turn into single spinners quickly when abused. getting it reco'd with some good uprated springs will mean the LSD will last a lot longer between rebuilds.

edit: here in sth auckland, there is a local diff place that supplies an LSD center, reco'd with uprated springs for $450 last time i called. (thats not installed)

Last edited:
J

JEZ088

ok yeh i have heard that the chances of finding a second hand lsd that hasnt become or isnt about to become a single spinner isnt very good.. ahh i need to get a new job:bang:

do you think it is really worth the upgrade to an lsd with a generally stock commodore or would u say i should head towards engine work before i move onto the driveline? my engine is practically untouched with the only mods being removed bellmouth, CAI, K&N filter, and a hot earth.. do u think itd be wiser to move into headwork rather than looking at an lsd or is either one good really..

cheers for ur help

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
depends, u never know :p you could find a good quality VS Calais that was writen off from the front.... :thumbsup: good luck with it

J

JEZ088

haha yeh thats the hope :p ahh we'll see i guess.. thanks fellas