Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between 06 VE-SSV and 07 VE-SSV

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
HI Guys,

Just wondering, is there any difference between 06 and 07 VE-SSV COMMODORE?

I know there is the one the "sport button" had been removed at some 07 VE-SSV but beside that has any other things or funtions is defference between 06, 07 and 08?

Thanks for answering.

Bengeck

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omgea
Looks like my other post went off and got it self lost.
but in a nut shell it's MYXX you need to look at for Different's. thats when they update. so a 07 MY07 will be the same as a 08 MY07.

I'll dig around my bookmarks and see if i can find that website thats lists the upgrades/changes between MYXX.

You can also look at the Holden wiki page i think it's listed there as well.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Get an 07 build mate the 06`s were the very first ve built and id tend to drear clear there were recalls for major issues but safer with an 07 in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
MY06 to MY07 saw very few changes, MY08 which started 1 September 2007 saw a couple of cosmetic changes, the main one being the rear wing being the lower one like the SV6 and completely painted rather than the black plastic underdeck.

Really not a lot of change in them until you get to MY09 but still it was cosmetic (trim panels, badges)

Reidstah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hmm, pretty sure mine is November 07 build and I have the black on the rear wing...must check the date again.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i shy away from new model years.... every car (yes, even the VE with $1 billion invested in research) has gremlins in the first release that are automagically fixed (ahuh ;)) in later versions.
i wouldnt go an 06, but then i wouldnt go an 07 either.... 08 or later imo.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I'd have to agree about earlier models of any type of car but I've had a pretty good run with my car and its a very early model.

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
There's also the fact that Holden keep changing engines (especially the V8s) - thus negating the advantage. The AFM version of the 8 could still be considered a 'new' thing, that may end up being troublesome.

Plus there's the 'run in' factor; all of my commodores (3 now) have had about 80000 on the clock - enough to find any factory problems and have them fixed before I come along.

My current SSV had about 85000 on the clock when I bought it late last year, has just clicked over 100000 and hasn't missed a beat.