Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between a full spoll and a mini spool if any??

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
hahaha that happened to me, i parked my car a the servo to go get a drink (parking spot not infront of the pumps) and was a tight turn... I come out to see there is like 5 vicpol vehicles, 3-4-5 point turn and got the hell out of there haha

haha gold!

I've been pulled up 3 times with a spool in my vp. (go sleeper!), and once with a spool in the VN

1) roadside stop, breatho, quick chat, and pull away around another car (little chatter but nothing noticable)

2) I'd had a few drinks (was passanger) and my mate was driving my car to 'a congregation of people in an industrial estate' around the corner for a quick look-see after we heard heaps of noise. The police had the same idea as us, and blocked off the exits not long after they had a look-see.

Thorough roadworthy inspection, but got let go and told to leave - we did a 10? point turn to get out from between two cars, around a cop car, and drive off. - the nice man who'd just let us off was initially like "there's plenty of room! just drive out on hard lock".... his face changed as we chattered away around his car (while I was drunkenly attempting to mask the sound by coughing really loud out the window)

3) got pulled up on a Friday night going to drop some friends off - cop asked if my car always sounded this sh!t, or if it was just cold. (it was supercharged) - I said it's just cold and a noisy power steer pump that I need to fix. - asked for license, which I'd left at home around the block, so he told me to turn around and go get it..... 5 point turn where a simple U turn probably could have worked (lol) - but he was none the wiser.

4) got pulled up in the VN - pulled over, had a chat, drove away, no problem!

I found the softer the tyres, the less noticable it is. If you're good with the throttle then I reckon you could probably do a U turn right in front of the fuzz on some highway max's and they wouldn't even notice.... do the same thing on RE92's and you'll be squeeking/chattering all the way to vicroads :p

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
LMFAOOOOO @ you trying to cover it by coughing hahaha

i need to burn out my current tyre's, there to hard and always chirp, so ill fix them MWAHAHAHA!

another way is run 2 different tyre's.. makes hiding a spool so much easier because one will grip and 1 will slip easy, depends on the tyre's but..

what i find funny is how people say reverse parking is **** with a spool, i find it pretty easy :S

w3bstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Berlina 3.8 & 1996 VS Berlina 3.8
lol... This became a decent thread hahahaha... LOL at vn_luke hahaha.

w3bstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's because nobody puts enough weld in there :p You need to ideally pour a bucket of molten metal into your carrier :D

minis probably aren't that bad for daily street use. I'm just assuming this bloke wants to cut 5000rpm loops around his local estate. I mean, you live in Hillside, right webstr? :p

*runs and ducks*

no comment..... well, it does have 3.5:1 diff gears... instead of my stock single pegger 3.08:1...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You mean 3.45s?

w3bstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
probably... he just said to me i got a full spool comin out of my H with 3.5 diff gears... so yeah...