Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

difference between 'Advance' extractors and 'Pacemaker'?

MSE089

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black 6sp S2 VT SS
What is the difference between 'Advance' and 'Pacemaker' extractors
I got a quote on both for my VT and Advance is almost 200$ more expensive, Is it worth the extra?

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
What is the difference between 'Advance' and 'Pacemaker' extractors
I got a quote on both for my VT and Advance is almost 200$ more expensive, Is it worth the extra?

I have advance extractors because the dyno reports them to give more power than other leading brands do your home work and look it up they also did a test in street commodores witch put them at the top for a v6 v8 extractor i find them to kick ass my mates v6 vx has pacemaker ones and after looking at my tail lights from a standing start every time i will beat him he wishes he had them too as for price i paid $800 inc full cat back 2and a inch custom zorst fitted or it was $500 just for the extractors inc fitting so there is a price you should be paying i hope this helps
cheers

Last edited:

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Yes Advance claim more power on a stock car due to its design, larger primaries and press bent. They just wont fit up to tall cars, such as my VX with Variable steering. So check that. Once the mods some on, Pacemaker and Genies show their worth. The Advance design gives better low end torque, where apparently the Pacemaker is more middle band. One is interference design (Advance) and made is South Australia, with a mild steel and stainless version. Pacemaker is Tuned design, mandrel bent, made from mild steel and in NSW and Melbourne possibly.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yes Advance claim more power on a stock car due to its design, larger primaries and press bent. They just wont fit up to tall cars, such as my VX with Variable steering. So check that. Once the mods some on, Pacemaker and Genies show their worth. The Advance design gives better low end torque, where apparently the Pacemaker is more middle band. One is interference design (Advance) and made is South Australia, with a mild steel and stainless version. Pacemaker is Tuned design, mandrel bent, made from mild steel and in NSW and Melbourne possibly.

Eh? Pacemaker are made in SA also. Both companies are here in Adelaide. Pacemaker are at Richmond, Advance are like around the corner from my work at Holden Hill.

You'll find there is very little difference between Pacemaker and Advance in terms of hp increase on standard or mildly modified vehicles, any difference there is, you won't notice.

As said above, Advance are interference design so are best for low to mid range torque, whilst Pacemaker are tuned design and better from mid to top end. Again, the more modifications you do, the better off you are with Pacemakers (particularly modifications that lift the power band, such as cams or rockers etc).

Pacemaker also offer a better build quality.

MSE089

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black 6sp S2 VT SS
thanks for the advice guys.
i think ill go pacemaker. im not planning on doing any major engine mods so they should do well, almost 200$ cheaper aswell :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you cant go wrong with pacemakers awesome build quality

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
thanks for the advice guys.
i think ill go pacemaker. im not planning on doing any major engine mods so they should do well, almost 200$ cheaper aswell :)

Look at alternatives like Wildcat as well if you not gonna do to many mods. HM headers some of the best for standard cars, but more expensive again. Talk to the cat man 'Not and Abba Fan' to hook you up. He knows his stuff about extractors, exhaust etc.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
whats cheap and good? whilst were on the subject? just because ive heard with pacemakers you have to get a new y pipe and cat?
ive been looking for something that i can bolt onto my engine and standard cat without any other custom peices?
any help would be great?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Look at alternatives like Wildcat as well if you not gonna do to many mods. HM headers some of the best for standard cars, but more expensive again. Talk to the cat man 'Not and Abba Fan' to hook you up. He knows his stuff about extractors, exhaust etc.

Wildcat would not even enter the equation. If you want cheaper, go Advance as they'll outperform brands like Wildcat all day long. If you want long term build quality or plan future modifications, go Pacemaker.

whats cheap and good? whilst were on the subject? just because ive heard with pacemakers you have to get a new y pipe and cat?
ive been looking for something that i can bolt onto my engine and standard cat without any other custom peices?
any help would be great?

You don't need a new cat for pacemakers. Why would different extractors effect whether or not you need a new cat?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Wildcat would not even enter the equation. If you want cheaper, go Advance as they'll outperform brands like Wildcat all day long. If you want long term build quality or plan future modifications, go Pacemaker.

You don't need a new cat for pacemakers. Why would different extractors effect whether or not you need a new cat?

I think he means some extractors can bolt up to existing y piece without welding. I think Pacemaker and HM will bolt up, not sure. Theres a DIY on here where the install was done using clamps.

Advances own Dyno graphs show Genie not far off it. Advance boast being a 1 5/8 press bent system, and this is exactly what Wild cat are for pre VX models. If you can really tell the difference, then if would be amazing. Advance are good, but are not flexible, they cannot even make a system to work with a variable steering commodore?!

Last edited: