Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference Between BT1 and 9C1

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
Hi guys im trying to figure out what the difference is between the BT1 and 9C1 ex cop cars are. I have a VS 9C1 and has all the same stuff as a BT1.... well i think so.

Anyone Know?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
BT1's can have basically any option or whatever. My BT1 only has FE2 susp and the compliance plate says BT1.
I have a filled hole in the centre of the roof and bolt holes on the pass side inner mudguard where the siren was. Something else was bolted in the boot. Otherwise nothing - no V8, LSD, sump plate or even the famous all song and dance "cop chip".
Don't forget that any federal or state government department or body could order BT1's, not just the police.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Hi guys im trying to figure out what the difference is between the BT1 and 9C1 ex cop cars are. I have a VS 9C1 and has all the same stuff as a BT1.... well i think so.

Anyone Know?

9C1 replaced the code BT1 in 1997 until lately it was thought that holden did this because of the VT being built from scratch but as you have proved there are late VS`s with 9C1 plates, there is no differrence.

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
9C1 replaced the code BT1 in 1997 until lately it was thought that holden did this because of the VT being built from scratch but as you have proved there are late VS`s with 9C1 plates, there is no differrence.

Thanks alot guys that clears things up a bit.

bob robbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ute
I have just purchased a vx ss . nowhere does it say bt1 or 9c1 on a compliance tag , it does however say P/CAR , log books match the tags . Was owned by nsw police

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I have just purchased a vx ss . nowhere does it say bt1 or 9c1 on a compliance tag , it does however say P/CAR , log books match the tags . Was owned by nsw police

Nice thread search skills. P/CAR just means passenger car.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon

Newer police packs are 9C1, older ones are BT1. Other government departments also order 9C1s. Police also have some commodores that are not 9C1s for administrative duties etc. P-Car just stands for passenger car.

Last edited:

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Passenger car. Someone kick bob out the door.

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
Well that escalated quickly.

Not all cars owned by Police are "Police-spec". If someone in the admin area is assigned a car they might just get a bog-standard car rather than a BT1/9C1.

PS: P/Car = Performance Car, obviously. :p