Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between manual and auto centre consoles?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 One Tonner & LX SL/R 5000
Hi all,

Just after some info on the centre console for a VY/VZ. Is there a difference between manual and automatic consoles (I don't mean the surround for the shifter but the whole console)?

I don't think there is but I've seen them advertised as a manual console.

Thanks in advance.
VZ Console.jpg

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Pretty sure they are the same, the manual shifter/auto shifter is separate and just pops through the hole at the front (obviously) and they just clip in the same way on top. I've removed it in both an auto and a manual before and don't remember any difference. If your pic is of an auto centre console, then pretty certain they are the same as I just had mine out last week and it looked identical, and mine's manual.

People selling it might just advertise it as a manual if it came from a manual car, but I don't think it would be cost effective for the manufacturer to make 2 slightly different ones.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 One Tonner & LX SL/R 5000
Thanks for that.

I purchase one a few years back and don't seem to recall it being specific to a manual or auto. It's just that I've seen a few lately for sale that state manual or auto. I thought maybe I just got lucky last time, lucked out and got the right one but what I can make of the photos I've seen, I can't see a difference and I think they're all the same too.