Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between SS and VE SV6

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't know that Holden V8s will drop from current prices, utes anyway. There are no more V8 utes except for $100k imports. I think Holden closing has pushed up prices. I think some will end up on wrecking yards over coming years and they will just become rarer, meaning that a good one will still fetch good money.
There are dreamer's out there that think they can get $36k for an SS Series I VE, but they're not selling $25k seems to be around the max a good one goes for ATM.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Phwoar. $6-10k
Yeah. Fkn rip-off if you ask me. Why aren’t we bringing container loads of LS engines over from the states for $500 a pop. If I had the money I’d be all over that (current container rates not withstanding).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah. Fkn rip-off if you ask me. Why aren’t we bringing container loads of LS engines over from the states for $500 a pop.
Because China has stockpiling containers and thus creating an artificial shortage which in essence is doubling and tripling shipping costs… from what I hear…

And then there is the old issue of bringing in lots of widgets and having them sit around in a warehouse for who knows how long… It ain’t as if we have a huge market for some widgets so the importer/seller want a good return on their investment and their money being tied up an unknown period of time sitting on a shelf… Hence why things cost what they cost…

If it is so easy, we’d just order privately from the USA via the internet and it will be delivered, though I doubt an engine will land for $500 a pop…

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
though I doubt an engine will land for $500 a pop…
Maybe $2K - $3k? Better than what they are asking here? I've no idea?
Would the engines from the states (us) be legal here?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Maybe $2K - $3k? Better than what they are asking here? I've no idea?
Would the engines from the states (us) be legal here?
I would expect the $2-3k mark. They are exactly the same LS engines used in the Commodores give or take a few minor differences so I wouldn’t think there should be any compliance issues although our government likes to run protection rackets for corporate unions so I’m sure there’s probably some law against using a US engine number!

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Reasonable mileage ve 6.0ltr/trans easy $8k-$10k...cheaper ones out there but any ls with 200k on it is when they start to cost money like lifters/cam/rear main & seals etc

vf starts 10k then goes up if 6.0ltr or 6.2ltr then auto or manual etc.

Ls1/4l60e went from 1500-3k before covid to now start at 6k-7k for high mileage old crap

Remember if cant get whole donor car you'll be needing all ectra parts required delivered on a pallet to do conversion