Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between v6 and v8 exhaust Y piece?

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
Hi,

as the subject asks... is there a difference between a vn/vp v6 and vn/vp v8 y piece for the exhaust?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yes there is. The manifolds exit at different spots and are different sizes. They have different flange plates as well.

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
Damn, so I guess thats yet another thing I'll add to the never-ending list of the v8 conversion...

Thanks for your reply mate

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
Ok! So I was under the car over the weekend unbolting the tailshaft and exhaust etc and noticed the y-piece on my v6 in the car *looks* like it'd bolt up to my newer v8. The reason why I think this is the case is because both the v6 and the v8 have pacemaker extractors on it, and the end points on both engines appear to be in the same positions.

Can anyone confirm that the pacemaker y-piece can be used on a pacemaker v6 setup as well as a v8 one?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm pretty sure the V8 extractors are longer than the V6 so the Y pipes will be different lengths. They have different part numbers so I would say no, they are not interchangeable.

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
hehe, ok :) no shame in asking anyway, right? Thanks for clearing it up for me.