Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Differences between Exec, Calais etc

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
Hey does anyone know a website that states the exact differences between all the different types of Commo you can buy. I wanna work out which one best suits my needs. Wiki does a good job but Im sure theres things its missing.

Thanks

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
for what model? VE?

besides it depends also on what options were ticked when it was made

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Well to be more procise.....

Executive = Commodore
Acclaim = Commodore
Berlina = Commodore
SS = Commodore
Calais = Calais
Statesman = Statesman

One huge difference between an executive and a calais is that technically a calais isnt a commodore:)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
One huge difference between an executive and a calais is that technically a calais isnt a commodore:)

That's what Calais owners would like people to think (I know, technically a different model) but it's a damned luxury Commodore, looks the same... Lexus make significant enough changes to the Camry throughout to have that not considered a luxury Camry

Last edited:

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
That's what Calais owners would like people to think (I know, technically a different model) but it's a damned luxury Commodore, looks the same... Lexus make significant enough changes to the Camry throughout to have that not considered a luxury Camry

I agree 100%.

Everything on a calais is interchangable with a commodore.
But even Holden try to claim its a different model with calais this and calais that.... Its all commodore crap with either leather woodgrain or chrome and a different badge.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I am a Calais owner and I have no doubt that my car is part of the Commodore family. I don't think any of us are stupid enough to think otherwise. Holden don't brand it with Commodore badges and they refer to it as a Holden Calais rather than a Holden Commodore Calais. I'm not too sure why they do it that way. It is probably to make it appeal to the same people who don't know that Lexus is Toyota. Likewise, they won't know the Calais is a Commodore. Hard to imaging that there are people that stupid but there you go. You don't see HSV's with Commodore badges either.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Berlina = Berlina
Fixed for you :yeah:. I'll give you 10 bucks if you can find the word Commodore anywhere on a VY :p

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Fixed for you :yeah:. I'll give you 10 bucks if you can find the word Commodore anywhere on a VY :p

I know its a bit late, but how do I claim my prize :D

41876d1193381409-2003-vy-commodore-dsc02211.jpg