Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Differences between SS and SS-V?

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
DUMB QUESTION :

A mate of mine owns an SS-V , and we were talking and i was wondering what the differences are?

Also with the "Redline " editions, besides wheels and brakes was there any major differences there?

Cheers guys,
Brok.

BrokWoods

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6 Ute
I don't own a VE never really looked into it mate, the mate of mine who owns one didn't know what was really different.

I suspected trim would be different , and rims are obvious haha :)

Cheers for that mate.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Are you talking VE series 1 or 2 mate?

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Redline = Brembo front brakes, 19" forged alloys, projector headlights, clear tail lights, FE3 suspension, full leather interior with monogrammed seats, full iQ (incl sat nav), leather wrap steering wheel and shifter, alloy pedal faces, dash face illumination colors, modified country lighting mode, black roof lining, thats all I can think of for now.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
The SS and the SSV in the VE series is the same as the SV8 and the SS in the VT - VZ series. The SV8 was just a poverty packed SS. It's frustrating that it was changes as people now tend to think my SS is the pov version.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
The Series 2 SS is just the SV6 only difference is it has the 6.0 litre, SS badges and quad pipes. But at least in the Series 2 the SS has the same 6.5 inch touchscreen as the SSV. Its the Series 1 SS that is the most basic of all the V8's as it does'nt have the LCD screen that the SSV has.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Redline = Brembo front brakes, 19" forged alloys, projector headlights, clear tail lights, FE3 suspension, full leather interior with monogrammed seats, full iQ (incl sat nav), leather wrap steering wheel and shifter, alloy pedal faces, dash face illumination colors, modified country lighting mode, black roof lining, thats all I can think of for now.

That's all standard on my SSV (non Redline) too. :D Like I said, Redline over SSV = bigger front breaks, different rims and FE3 suspension. That's it.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
That's all standard on my SSV (non Redline) too. :D Like I said, Redline over SSV = bigger front breaks, different rims and FE3 suspension. That's it.

Not true, most of what you claim to have on a standard SSV is not 'standard' - forged alloys, full iQ, leather wrap, alloy pedal faces, dash color - these are all redline package extras or optional extras on your SSV