Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Differences between VS Clubsport Series 1 and Series 2

WYN30

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubby-Cherry
Hey guys. After doing extensive research and speaking to a number of people including HSV, I haven’t been able to actually establish what the “main differences” are between the series 1 HSV and the series 2.
Example, badges/stickers, front grill, air box intake (hsv stamped in red or just black), lights (indicators) oval or round.
Quite confusing when trying to find parts when nobody can tell the discrepancy between them both.
Any help would be greatly appreciative.
Cheers guys

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Hey guys. After doing extensive research and speaking to a number of people including HSV, I haven’t been able to actually establish what the “main differences” are between the series 1 HSV and the series 2.
Example, badges/stickers, front grill, air box intake (hsv stamped in red or just black), lights (indicators) oval or round.
Quite confusing when trying to find parts when nobody can tell the discrepancy between them both.
Any help would be greatly appreciative.
Cheers guys
i just google this came up it tells you the difference are the wheels side markers and a few others things

http://australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=review&make=HSV&model=ClubSport&gen=1001&pno=0

WYN30

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubby-Cherry
i just google this came up it tells you the difference are the wheels side markers and a few others things

http://australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=review&make=HSV&model=ClubSport&gen=1001&pno=0
Yeah I’ve read that link. That’s where I got the info on the side markers and wheels but nothing about the stickers/decals/badges, just says “new badges”, nothing about the front grille. Ordering a full new badge kit after my respray as I don’t have some of them so I don’t want to order the wrong ones. There isn’t even a simple pic of both series side by side to determine what the “actual” differences are though, that’s the thing

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Yeah I’ve read that link. That’s where I got the info on the side markers and wheels but nothing about the stickers/decals/badges, just says “new badges”, nothing about the front grille. Ordering a full new badge kit after my respray as I don’t have some of them so I don’t want to order the wrong ones. There isn’t even a simple pic of both series side by side to determine what the “actual” differences are though, that’s the thing
here is a 95 model on car sales also later vs clubbys you can compare to see what changes https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-Clubsport-1995/SSE-AD-5213308/?Cr=4

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
they have change the side markers from square to oval

WYN30

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubby-Cherry
here is a 95 model on car sales also later vs clubbys you can compare to see what changes https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-Clubsport-1995/SSE-AD-5213308/?Cr=4
Appreciate the input but I’ve done all of this. I have hundreds of pics I’ve gone though, correspondence with a number of people, had pics sent through from people and a lot of them still vary. It’s difficult to know exactly what the little differences are which are important. Some cars have different stickers (the hsv ones, Clubsport ones, the little blacked out Holden helmet/cat, one has nothing in it and one has been blacked out). If HSV can’t even give a detailed description of the cars then who can? They told me they have limited information on them...like WTF!!!

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
what about the hsv forums / facebook

WYN30

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubby-Cherry
what about the hsv forums / facebook
Yeah, I’ve gone through a lot of that stuff as well, social media has been a big help but just frustrating. Every other vehicle has the differences pretty much spelt out for people just not the VS Clubsport lol

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
its a lot easier today than it was before the net, we had to search bookstores,librarys, swap meets for pictures we got lucky in a little town called kew nsw when the old man was restoring a old motorbike nearly 30 year ago
the exterior difference of a 95 model vr to the vs series one clubby must be very close