Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... The bimodal intake fitted to certain HSV's actually opens to allow more airflow and possibly cooler air too, into the airbox via a valve / flap. They should have routed the aircon through it! ;)
I’ve always thought an aircon system with correctly sized condenser at the front of the car and an evaporator in the air intake could be an interesting mod, in addition to a normal intercooler, especially for supercharges or turbo chargers :)

Then I read somewhere on these forums that a company is already doing such as a kit for a supercharger :p

Regardless, it would be an interesting project to see what gains such an aircon mod can provide to a NA 6.2l V8 :) one just need to add a second aircon evaporator to the existing system along with a two way pressure valve and some logic to control when increased engine power should override cabin cooling :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
so like an interchiller? its a thing.
https://fiinterchillers.com/products/
Yeah, that’s the one I’d read about on these forums.

Similar to how I’d have piped it up like the split evaporator system as used in older mid 80’s Sahara Landcruisers (and probably earlier)...

But as to the inter chiller, really, patented evaporator core, hardly a novel idea to use refrigeration to cool fluid that’s used within an existing supercharger intercooler... nothing novel at all :rolleyes:o_O

Otherwise what interchiller has done isn’t too different to what I was envisioning back when I had a turbo... which would have been an air to air chiller had I built it... so good on them for getting something to market :cool:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
they were not the first for the LS platform but Kirk (FI) is a very helpful dude. Just started importing a 2.6 PD that fits under the stock LSA cover and more efficient than the magnusson or harrop options