Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

different crank bolt pattern flex plate /flywheel

curleytales

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s1
does any 1 know if there is a fly wheel that will bolt up 2 an vn series 1 auto crankshaft as manual has 8 bolts on (fly) & auto has 6 bolts on (flex) i have heard that toyota lexan may have a 6 bolt flywheel or did holden have a flywheel that will bolt up to the auto crank shaft , im trying to get away from changing cranks over
::bang::bang::bang:

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
vn s1 came out with 6-bolt fly wheel. the 8-bolt fly wheel you have is for vn s2 - vr.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
none that go straight on.
you can buy and abaptor or replace the engine. engine replacement would cost about the same as a adaptor, then you have to get a 6 bolt flywheel on top of that.
cheaper to fit a later model motor.

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
he can get a VN S1 manual fly wheel as they are 6-blot. it will bolt straight on. doesnt need an adaptor plate or an engine swap.

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
i have a series 1 6 bolt flywheel floating around somewhere if interested....

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
none that go straight on.
you can buy and abaptor or replace the engine. engine replacement would cost about the same as a adaptor, then you have to get a 6 bolt flywheel on top of that.
cheaper to fit a later model motor.

he can get a VN S1 manual fly wheel as they are 6-blot. it will bolt straight on. doesnt need an adaptor plate or an engine swap.

centy right on this one. Manual series one cranks are different therefore you need to buy the sdaptor which only suits 6 bolt flywheels.
2nd option is to find a manual series 1 motor and swap it for yours should pick up one for half the cost of the adapter then you'll still need the 6 bolt flywheel.
3rd option is to keep your 8 bolt and swap the motor for a series 2 onwards then you wont need and adapter but will need to change the few other things like radiator and some minor wiring mods.

I'd go with option number 3 myself
Most of the information can be found in these 2 threads
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/v6-crankshaft-info.63206
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/complete-vn-vr-manual-conversion-guide.76186

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
CRS addaptor is about $336, goes onto your auto crank and then you can fit the manual flywheel.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
CRS addaptor is about $336, goes onto your auto crank and then you can fit the manual 6 bolt flywheel.

i fixed your post for you it can get confusing when you generalise the flywheels