Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Different key code to original BCM from Holden

Candy-apple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Hey all, so my VZ just wouldn't start one day and got a scan test on it, came up saying it was immobiliser. Rang Holden for BCM to get programmed at Mr Minute (have used him before for different key and was fine) but when he put my key into his tool it came up with a different BCM code. Does this mean the computer in the car has been changed previously?
Car is going in for a full diagnostics as I think my ECU and all that expensive stuff is the problem after elimination process of what I could do.
Cheers

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Strange its stopped all of a sudden, I would just take it to a Locksmith and get 2 x Key Heads replaced and program in,
Because the Key Blade seams to working ok, as it sounds like the Key Turns ok,
If you take it to a Dealer, you will need to be a octopus and/or a spider,
because they rip your arms and legs off.
Start at a Locksmith first,
because the Stealer [Dealer] will say your Keys are no good, and will need to have them replaced at @ $200ea,
where with a locksmith, the will probably pay $200 for Both new Key Heads.
If your the original owner, the Owners manual will have the Key Code on the Security Card in the Owners Wallet,
And/or its listed on a Service Docket/Receipt, if so, you can order the Keys online, and just get them programmed in, which will be cheaper.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Someone has probably swapped the whole set of key bcm pcm and pim if v6 even has one so that they didn't have to get a new ecu coded to replace a failed one

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I read a service bulletin that said a similar issue was occurring when Holden was sourcing new BCM and ECU's from a particular supplier. The fix required new keys as well.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Different key code means BCM has been swapped out, whether that is known or unbeknownst to you. At that point, you need to find out what else has been swapped out and not reported.

The original IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION card that is supplied with the car will show the 6-digit BCM number which can be compared with what the scanner reports, along with a possible 1632 fault code pointing the finger at the immobiliser (===> Immobiliser Fuel Cut-off Signal Received). The bit on the card listing the IGNITION KEY No. is also of importance. (BTW, this card must be included with the car right through its ownership and changever events e.g. not removed or disposed of).

The other thing is to check the handshake nib on the key is clean, along with the steel ring around the ignition barrel which it contacts.

Candy-apple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Just thought I'd update....

Last edited:

Candy-apple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Cheers.Just thought I'd update...

Turns out the immobilizer inside the computer wouldn't turn off resulting in the car not starting just cranking.
Tracked down a second hand Bcm ecu and the rest.... for parts, labour and install it cost me 550.