Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Differential fluid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
Hey all replaced the differential fluid in my commy a couple months ago and recently when I go around corners it’s locking up way too early, and causing “chittering” I think it’s called. I’ve heard it could be because I used the wrong fluid, so I’ve gone and got some new stuff. It says in the manual I need Castrol SAF Carbon Modified 75W-85 GL5, but nowhere locally sells that so I’ve gotten Penrite SAE 75W-85 API GL5. Before I bother since I did keep the receipt, and Can swap it hopefully, should it be fine??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You need Penrite gl5 full syn 140.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
140 is thicker and hangs on the gears better. What you have will be ok. What you have is probably factory spec. I'm on my phone and can't be bothered looking up the factory recommended oils.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
140 is thicker and hangs on the gears better. What you have will be ok. What you have is probably factory spec. I'm on my phone and can't be bothered looking up the factory recommended oils.
Ahh okay, it is an lsd but there’s so little information on them it’s so annoying

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if its LSD then just get the nulon LSD additive which helps, chatter usually happens when a non lsd fluid is used