Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diffs and IRS

VZ1CAR59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 05
Good morning fellas. I have been looking at a irs rear cradle online with an m80 trutrac diff. The diff is what I really wanted but seeing that it comes together I thought I’d ask.

Irs essentially is the rear wheels will move up an down independent of each other. This gives you greater cornering, and traction on uneven surfaces? Disadvantage is it can’t be hard to handle while you get to know it? This is just off google confirmation would be great. Is it good or bad?

second question is would it just bolt up to my existing vz v6. (I know the diff yokes are different). Im guessing shocks need to be replaced? In simple terms is it more hassle than it’s worth?

Finally irs truetrac is the same as normal so if I wanted to I could just pull the diff and do it with my existing cradle.

what I’m looking at is second hand but apparently relatively new and being a trutrac it shouldn’t be damaged easily?

Sorry for the questions bombs. I have tried google first.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Unless you have a ute or a tonner you should have IRS and I expect it would bolt up. I would check with the seller, get some pictures and compare it tow what you already have so that you can make an informed decision..