Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diffs, FAQ

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
An LSD centre out of a VT 5lt S1 clubsport garuanteed to fit and vn? I 99% sure it will but some reassurance would be nice before i go to put it in and find out it doesnt fit

it should fit, they changed the diff for the s2 VT along with the engine (and trans) to cope with the greater power output

Thanks mate thats what i thought might be getting it off a mate $150 was rebuilt less than a year ago for $600 and i know it hasnt been flogged or drivin sideways as hes too much of a pussy. Bought a kaaz to go into it dont know why hes got more dollars than sense

LOL i was just rereading this thread and how wrong were we i bought the diff an stuck it in the shed and its been there since i never thought twice about it till i pulled it out the other day and compared 3.9 to the pinion and crown wheel on it. Boy were we wrong:)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Also found this little bit with a quick google
it says 3.08 gears then list only series 2 as 3.07
Holden VT Commodore Specifications

Maybe hsv were the only cars that got them in series 1

EDIT i missed your post padrickz so the evidence is strongly in favour that HSV's VT series 1 were equipped with the later model Diff's

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Looks like thats a go-er......
so its pretty much
VKs2(6)-VTs1: bw78
VT HSV: bw80
VTs2 L67/Gen3: bw80
VT s2 v6: bw76 (pretty sure?)

that seem good to add to the 1st post?

jayz383

jayz383
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive v8
how do we get the gears out of a irs head? prob a silly question i know but i don't want to break anything. i'm guessing i need to unscrew the bearing caps? will the axle shafts pull out with a slide hammer? cheers.

(CODEZ)

formerly cody_vp92
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
i dont know much about diffs, so are you saying that the whole diff from a VT S1 could be used in a VP, like the whole diff where the axles go in and everything? or just the centre? thanks

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
i dont know much about diffs, so are you saying that the whole diff from a VT S1 could be used in a VP, like the whole diff where the axles go in and everything? or just the centre? thanks

if you have a VP with IRS then you can use the whole diff, if you have a live axle VP then u can only use the gears because VT's come with independant suspension

horbury vy s

HORBURY VY S pac
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pac
what car can i get 3.7s for my vy v6

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
what car can i get 3.7s for my vy v6

some pintara's had them and some r31 skylines might as they run the same 78 series diff. extremely rare to find a set of 3.7's though, Ive been searching for like over a month and only just found a set and snapped it up straight away