Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diffs, FAQ

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
I got some info on VZ V6 Diffs

7.5 or 7.6" not sure exactly

these only come in 2.87 and 3.08, they can be LSD or Open centre, this is it for the V6 diff, no other ratios available

I got a LSD 3.07 straight out of a VX SS and it went straight in to my VZ V6 Ute, bloody wrapped, so if anyone wants LSD in there VZ, VX and upwards fits perfect, after you upgrade to a V8 diff you can get nearlly any ratio you like :)

Hopfully this info helps someone out :) :thumbsup:

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Got another quote today for $260 to swap the gears over or $330 to swap gears and do all the bearings as well. Which isnt tooo bad

bad-blue-dog

LIVE HARD, DIE HAPPY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II CROSS 8 CREWMAN,VZ SS 5.7L,VP V6 Drag Racer
There is a drag meeting on at Carnell Raceway in Stanthope QLD on the 23rd August if anyone is interested in going head to head with my VP. It is only $50 to race and you get as many runs as you can fit in 5 hours. I often do 25 to 30 runs. Start time is 3PM, Finish at 8PM.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
adding to the original post it mentions xd falcon diffs and ratio's. I've been told the S pack falcon wagon had a 2.77 ratio centre in it. My mate had one, i never saw the tacho go past 3000 revs ever.

XRUFFX

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VT II LS1
question...spools, i was just guna buy one off ebay, good or bad idea? (in regards to buying one off ebay)

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
A spool is a chunk of metal, i wouldnt be worried about ebay brands lol. Just stick to a reputable seller in terms of acutally getting your item

bad-blue-dog

LIVE HARD, DIE HAPPY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II CROSS 8 CREWMAN,VZ SS 5.7L,VP V6 Drag Racer
Why don't you just weld the centre. It might sound a bit rough, but it wont break. Got mine done for $20.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Why don't you just weld the centre. It might sound a bit rough, but it wont break. Got mine done for $20.

Sure, its $20 to weld it, but add on labour to pull the diff out, the spool basically pays for itself.

Welding = no!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
An LSD centre out of a VT 5lt S1 clubsport garuanteed to fit and vn? I 99% sure it will but some reassurance would be nice before i go to put it in and find out it doesnt fit