Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Cluster?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes!

• Duh! Yes!

• No bodge it.

• Total voters

Google

Reaction score
So the misses was driving Stacey ... much to my shagrin... yes ok an 06 WM Statesman named Stacey...

I figure, Bugger it why not, there’s also Connie Commodore but I’m not here to talk about her.

So the misses is driving along and says the digital Speedo’s Black, I thought she’d hit the light button when fumbling for lights but no.

The damn things so black it’s almost invisible!!

I’m probably looking at a new cluster aren’t I?

I figure it might be heat related because she has to be parked on the street, no garage at home.

And she’s always parked in the sun at work too.

I have a shade that covers the windscreen and side windows to keep some of the UV out but the leather still burns on a 30+ day and the radio always turns a wired set of colours like purple and blue or red or green if it’s a bad day nothing at all, I bump it any it comes up apples.

Smash the dash as I might in the most techno savvy way possible (smashes head on dash) but still dim, it’s giving me such a headache!!

Staceys only got 130,000 on her, I know she’s 12 now but is it normal that should break at those kms? I want to sell it but I can’t sell her without a clear visible mileage so money I didn’t want to spend.

If anyone knows of a way to make it work again long enough to sell I’d really appreciate it.
Mind I can’t show pics, in case one of you wants to buy it no I kid I wouldn’t sell it unless it was a fix that lasted.

She’s got a FSH, I only ever use 98% and she’s services every 7500 km plus a gearbox service every 20,000km.

So thank you for reading hopefully I’ve made you smile.

TL:DR Stacey, 06 WM V6 statesman, Digital speedo REALLY dark, hitting it doesn’t work... suggestions?

New cluster?

Google

Reaction score
Oh yeah and if anyone’s up for buying it once I fix it, $14k ... if I don’t get $14k I can’t buy a 6L caprice... my misses drives a hard bargain.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
You have a couple of options:
Replace the cluster with a second hand item that will need to be programmed to suit your car
Source a second hand cluster from a car identical to yours....Same engine, g-box etc etc so it works without needing to be reprogrammed
Send it away to have it repaired...... These guys may be able to help: https://www.speedlineinstruments.com/

Did you have to write a damn novel when you made this post ?
By the time I'd got to the end of it, I'd forgotten what I'd read at the start :D

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Did you have to write a damn novel when you made this post ?

LOL :D:D

OP, don't worry about that.... we have this pointy thing on our mits called a finger, lets us drag to bottom of your novel.

What happens if you hold your Polarised sunglasses over the speedo LCD and rotate it a bit,,,,, do the digits appear darker as you rotate the polarised sunglass lens?.

The polarised film cover may need replacing.