Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dilemma _ VXR Vs Camry V6

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
One thing to consider is you might not be able to get the a ZB in V6 for too much longer. An article I read a few months back speculated that the 2020 series 2 insignia/commodore/regal etc were no longer having GM sourced motors in them. With PSA intending to use their own 4 cylinder motors with "lower co2 emissions and fuel consumption" the focus.
So maybe get the VXR and settle for the Camry next time......?
Bloody hell. I’m shattered lol

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
5. The car feel quite substaintially heavier than the ZB Commordore

Holden does not officially advertise the kerb weight of the ZB but if GoAuto.com.au is to believed the VXR (the heaviest of the liftbacks) weighs in at 1672kg. I feel this is a somewhat dubious figure but I lack evidence to the contrary, I'd suggest it's more realistically around the 1700 mark.

According to the Kia Stinger brochure the minimum weight of the GT is 1785kg and with options it can get as high as 1817kg.

I can see how you came to that conclusion.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Holden does not officially advertise the kerb weight of the ZB but if GoAuto.com.au is to believed the VXR (the heaviest of the liftbacks) weighs in at 1672kg. I feel this is a somewhat dubious figure but I lack evidence to the contrary, I'd suggest it's more realistically around the 1700 mark.

According to the Kia Stinger brochure the minimum weight of the GT is 1785kg and with options it can get as high as 1817kg.

I can see how you came to that conclusion.

According to Redbook, the VXR has a kerb weight of 1737kg (https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/details/2018-holden-commodore-vxr-zb-auto-awd-my18/SPOT-ITM-502355/) while the Stinger is listed as either 1693 or 1780 depending on model.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I'd believe that figure for the ZB, but I quoted Kia for the 3.3L GT model from their own brochure.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
https://www.autocar.co.nz/car-reviews-app/2019-kia-stinger-long-termer-part-1
Autocar N.Z. always weigh their test cars and 1794 kg's it is.

When test driving it I was coming out of a car loaner I was driving at the time which was the 2.0 LT ZB Commodore which some site's have listed at just 1534 kg's so with a 260 kg weight difference at the time between the Stinger and the loan car the difference felt MASSIVE !

Red Book quotes my ZB Calais V at 1683 kg's so more than 100 kg's lighter than a Stinger GT and then there's the much smarter and more efficient 9 speed auto.

Last edited: