Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dilemma _ VXR Vs Camry V6

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
As for a 30% difference; my old **** box towing a 750kg work trailer doesn't use an extra 30%. Seems odd that a ZB would have that much diff unless the driver is flooring it every time he takes off.
I worked it out depending on driving style it costs me about an extra 2L to pull the trailer the 80km round trip from home to work. I could improve on that but most of the time I CBF.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I know you have heard of of VW.
That should answer your question?
There all full of shxt. They only want your money.

Hmmm maybe there is a conspiracy between those who make cars and those who supply the oil and fuel to keep it going; meaning that the technology that could make cars get 5lph has been kept under wraps, as oil Co's must have a vested interest in stopping cars from becoming too economical? Think maybe a bit of back scratching might be going on... I mean lets face it the VN gets 11s and that was 30 years ago. Seems odd that 30 years of technological progression and brand new V6 vehicles are using the same amount of fuel as those of old??

Last edited:

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Seems odd that 30 years of technological progression and brand new V6 vehicles are using the same amount of fuel as those of old??
I guess the 400 extra kilos of weight and 110 kw of extra power comes at a cost

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I guess the 400 extra kilos of weight and 110 kw of extra power comes at a cost

Yes but some of the things that increase the KW are also supposed to improve economy, or at least it used to be that way.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Official ADR fuel economy figures for my Calais V are
Urban 12.3 L/100 km
Extra Urban 7.3L /100 km
Combined (assumes 2/3'rds country and one third town 9.1L /100 km's

My real word fuel consumption tends to support the above as being accurate.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Those open road figures are more like I would thought it would be and are far better than my old bus. Open roads are where the tech looks like it really comes into play. City figures are probably only slightly improved over earlier models. I would assume the increased gears in the transmissions are not as affective around town.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Those open road figures are more like I would thought it would be and are far better than my old bus. Open roads are where the tech looks like it really comes into play. City figures are probably only slightly improved over earlier models. I would assume the increased gears in the transmissions are not as affective around town.
Round town (city) stop start, stop start, stop start. My car, litres per hundred, does not like sitting there idling. Just watch lph go up.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V

I would tend to agree that the nine speed auto gives more of an advantage on the open road but is also good for being in the right gear at the right time around town.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I don't think you can blame the gearbox, I think there are other factors like Active Fuel Management at play at highway speeds which helps keep consumption down.