Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NZ] Dilemma - How to get my new project vehicle home.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Dunno Deuce, I've had both Toyotas and Nissans as tow vehicles. The Toyotas win hands down - they tend to feel much more stable when you're towing 2t+. Lack of power is a bit of a pain, but they live forever in comparison to the nissans. Best tow vehicle I've used is a hj75 - you wouldn't even know you're towing something if it weren't for the extra 5 mins it takes you to get up to highway speeds :p
I'm sure they do. I just prefer nissan to toyota. I feel the late model stuff is more reliable (It ain't the 80s anymore toyota).
Honestly about the weight. All the stuff for the truck would be sub 2t. But if you add the trailer weight I suppose we would be over by a little.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My brother has a 94 Cruiser and used to collect cars every few week to either scrap or resell. It was fine pulling the car trailer and floating the car.
@Dylan kingswood the police are scarce in the north, however if they see something they don't like they are quick to, fine, or defect depending on the offence. Bloke up here got defected for a bullbar they didn't like. It was locally made too by a business that churns out 100s of bars and it was on an old VS.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Update:
Just spent 5hours and a tank of gas hauling IT ALL back home.
1 and done!
It was sweet as, no dramas at all as we spent at least a couple of hours tying everything down to the chassis and the chassis to the trailer.
So glad thats done!
20190622_110640-1.jpg