Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dim dash, and trip metre problem on my stato...

Nithaltak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd ask before unnecessarily wasting money.

When my lights are off the three trip metre boxes on my dash light up brightly, while the speedo is dim. When I switch the lights on everything goes dim. This is shitting me up the wall, because I never really know what speed I'm going at night.

On top of that my roof light flickers constantly when switched on manually (when it unlocks or the doors open it stays on solid).

Oh! And the stato clock doesn't light up every now and then unless I tap it a few times...

When I think of it that's pretty ****.

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Have you tried adjusting the brightness at the light switch? On the higher BCM's like what would be in your Stato, you need to hold the lever on the side of the headlight switch up to increase the brightness.

Nithaltak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Have you tried adjusting the brightness at the light switch? On the higher BCM's like what would be in your Stato, you need to hold the lever on the side of the headlight switch up to increase the brightness.

I noticed that and flicked it up, it sprang back into place without doing anything so I thought nothing of it. You say hold it up? I'll try tonight. Thanks.