Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIM REAR BLINKER!! HELP!!

Itsjoeyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Okay I have a 1999 vt commodore. Be patient with me as I'm not much of a car nut. But my rear left blinker is really dim. Every other blinker works fine it's just that one. I've checked the ground and it clean. I've checked my fuses they are all good. I'm just thinking maybe it could be my blinker relay? I'm not too sure but I'm out of idea please help.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If it's not a ground fault, is it the actual lens? Has it had moisture in there and discoloured the lense over the years?

Itsjoeyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If it's not a ground fault, is it the actual lens? Has it had moisture in there and discoloured the lense over the years?

The rear lense is okay. I just bought a new pair of rear tail lenses as the old ones wer really old.

It's also causing the dashboard lights and light inside the car to blink with the blinker. Is there a ground I'm not aware of?

Itsjoeyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The rear lense is okay. I just bought a new pair of rear tail lenses as the old ones wer really old.

It's also causing the dashboard lights and light inside the car to blink with the blinker. Is there a ground I'm not aware of? I checked the ground at the back in the boot and it seems to be clean and okay.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
There are many ground points on the cars. It sounds like a bad earth, you might need to start checking everything. You could even have a melted wire inside one of your looms.
You really need a wiring diagram so you can start fault finding from the start to the end of a circuit. Sorry, I can't help with the diagram.
Someone else might chime in with one though.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Globe may be on its way out.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Check the obvious and simple things first.
Too many people delve into the complicated aspects first, without thinking about the simple things.
It's called....."The process of elimination".

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
and the quickest test is to literally swap the globes and see if the fault goes to the other side of the car :)