Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIN sized

P

Person_A

Im not sure exactly what forum this should go in so please excuse if its the wrong one....

I want to put a DIN sized UHF somewhere in my VZ commodore. Its one of the ones that has the programmable receive channels so being able to view the LCD screen and reach the front of it while driving would be the best thing.

However, I have now realised that the space under the audio headunit is about 2cm to narrow to fit the damn thing.

Does anyone know a good spot to put it? I looked at the mobile phone storage compartment next to the handbrake and this is DIN sized I think and would be a nice place to put it but I can see how you would pull that section out. From what I can see you would have to attack it with the dremmel and I dont really want to do that unless I absolutely have to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I dont really want to put the thing in the glove box.

Cheers.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Probably not the best option but some of the newer ones have a split unit with the display being very small and then a hide away unit.