Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Director production delays

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi Director owners, word has come out of the plant today that there are supplier issues with some of the special parts (minor) on the Director. Some customers are reporting delays of around 3-4 weeks for delivery. Holden are still manufacturing the cars as scheduled, but they are then being held at the plant whilst they wait for the parts.
Any Director owners been told of delays by their dealer?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Any Director owners been told of delays by their dealer?

Hi

Mine was due to arrive at Commonwealth Motors in the ACT on the 8th of August and it did arrive on that date. It is now been transported to a Holden dealer in Victoria so I must be lucky to have come out of production before the delays that you mention from today.

What would the delay be caused from? A front LS3 decal?, Director badge on the boot lid or the Director dash pad? What other component is Director specific?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
The black lower body side mouldings are unique to Director, calais gets chrome ones, I believe that may be the problem. Will hopefully have more info on monday

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys, dragging up this thread again as the delays with Director are still ongoing. Word is they are close to scrapping the black mouldings altogether and changing to chrome as the recent test has failed yet again, as they can't get the black to permanently stick down properly, due to the lack of rigidity in the moulding, the chrome mouldings are seemingly stiffer and don't suffer from this problem. I can get no dates out of Holden for a delivery date of my car, which was made back in mid August. There is a possibility all directors that have already been delivered (about 60ish) will have issues with these mouldings if they don't already. If this isn't farcical, I don't know what is, 75k car that Holden will not release because of a stupid plastic strip that I could care less about.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
the chrome mouldings are seemingly stiffer and don't suffer from this problem.

Hi

Well hopefully they change my black ones at my first service next year to chrome ones, that along with painting my roof white as well and I will be a very happy man...

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi

Well hopefully they change my black ones at my first service next year to chrome ones, that along with painting my roof white as well and I will be a very happy man...

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
The chrome mouldings haven't been decided on yet, just an idea that is being tossed around as I get the impression they don't know how to fix the black moulding issue. I for one would have no issue with chrome, and perhaps if enough owners made these similar feelings known to Holden (if that is what they want) a decision may be made quicker, and end this ridiculous delay.
At least you have got your car mate! Mine is stuck at Elizabeth in the weather, instead of tucked up in a warm shed.
Ridiculous and pathetic

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Agree :( Must be so annoying not knowing PSISLE. It will be worth the wait Mate.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Agree :( Must be so annoying not knowing PSISLE. It will be worth the wait Mate.
As long as I've got it for the cruise I'll be happy!