Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dirt bike in a Ute?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yeah should be right, Ive never seen anyone have a problem, a 125 isnt very heavy anyway. We have 3 big blokes sitting on the tailgate quite often and theres no sign of damage so a 125 should be sweet. The bike will be on there for a minimum time anyway, I wouldnt be stressing.

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Thats cool... thanks alot guys...

So I'll be goin to repco tomorrow to get the ramp and will go to bunnings next door to get some tie downs... unless repco has them too... Shouldn't be too expensive... but all good... thanks for the advice ppl... should be a good weekend of country driving and dirt biking... lol ;)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i tie mine with two straps on the hangers, fork block, and a strap around the rear tyre to stop the rear bouncing around and moving, thats on a big bike, 450,

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
^^^^ I tie mine down the same as this, its a bit smaller too, a 250 two stroker.. A 125 will be fine this way, I rekon I could flip the trailer and the bike would still be there!!!

And I wouldnt get those $2 el cheapo tie downs either, after a bit of use/sun/water damage they get stretchy?!! and can snap easy as..
Bunning has some good ones, resonably priced too, usually in a 2 or 4 pack as well..

Alternatively you can go to the bike shops and pay 3 times as much for a similar item!!

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
on an angle its easy as **** make the suspension come down to so tie it down hard that way if it bounces it cant slip out