Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disable Alarm?

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
Hi guys, so lastnight when everyone on our street is asleep, the alarm on my vt calais decided to go off randomly, has never happened before. well today it has gone off again in works carpark a couple times, just wondering how could i disable it just for now whilst i try and locate the problem. Thanks

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
if it is factory alarm with horn on left wheel strut tower just pull wire off until you repair issue
lights will still flash though

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers yeah already done that, but cant get car looked at till next week, so would like to disable some how rather then it sitting in a car park flashing or in our driveway flashing :(

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
can't be done easily without a tech 2
you would either have to leave unlocked or disconnect every status switch in the car or something more dificult

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok thanks. Yeah going to leave it unlocked tonight at home. Just don't like the idea of going to work tomorrow and leaving it unlocked :( I've made sure all locks are working. And when car is locked. Pushed on boot and bonnet incase it had a dodgy switch or something and it doesn't set alarm off. It's so annoying

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Sorry but no sensible person on this forum is going to tell you how to disable the alarm system. Get it fixed.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Lock it with the key in the door. From memory that locks the doors but doesn't enable the alarm.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry but no sensible person on this forum is going to tell you how to disable the alarm system. Get it fixed.

Pretty much expected that. And yeah already booked in. Just can't be done till next week. Yay for small towns :(

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lock it with the key in the door. From memory that locks the doors but doesn't enable the alarm.

just tried that, and the little red light on dash didnt start flashing, so hopefully that will get me through till next week cheers mate

Nicccoleee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
just tried that, and the little red light on dash didnt start flashing, so hopefully that will get me through till next week cheers mate
Did you end up getting it fixed? What was it if you can remember? My car is doing the same thing!