Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

disable main immboboliser

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
hey, today i just got installed a 2 way pager alarm with remote start in my commodore vz, however, i think the stock imoboboliser is screwing arouind with it, as when i press unlock on the holden key, only then will it allow me to remote start. if i dont press it, the dash lights turn on, but the starter wont ignite. does anyone know how i can override the stock holden alarm/imboboliser?

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
are you serious? i remember on my toyota i just had to leave the key in the ignition on the ON position for 1 hour and it disabled it. doesnt commodores hve something like that?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
never heard of doing anything like that,

vz;s use a vats link system, you can remove that in a tune, but i doubt itll remove the imobiliser

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
mate the vehicle imobiliser is in-built to the computer etc. have fun...... coz thats like opening a pandora's box if you dont know what you looking at.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The purpose of the imobiliser is that it can't be tampered with or disabled.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Is there anyone else out there who has the same problem? Anyone whose installed a two way pager alarm with remote start?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Never dabbled with remote starter........ but I'm guessing you'll need VCM Suite to disable "parts" of the ECU's immobiliser protection gear.

eg. Starter Relay stuff, Ignition Incorrect Key, Ignition Blank Key stuff.

Anything that registers a Drivability Fault (non-emmisions) will immobilse the car which is probably whats happening to you. It's a matter of trial and error thru the Engine Diag > DTC's area.

You shouldn't have to disable the immobiliser to make this work, just adjust some of the things that set it off.

PS. You'll probably void insurance if they ever found out tho....... as they have a 3 point system, and turning off say the key checking makes it a 2 point. If it's just the starter relay causing the issue then that'd be fine to be disabled.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
mate i had the exact same problem in my commo. I kept getting mixed answers, in the end i believe it was possible to do, but as i sold the car i never had it done.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
yeh i havent had much luck so far, ive looked everywhere i can. i have a mate who had some guy disable his bmw immobolizer, so im gonna try n give him a shot next week n see if he can do it to a holden. would it void insurance even though ive upgraded to a more powerful alarm?